GnuCash Documentation 2.4.1 in .epub and .mobi format

Geert Janssens janssens-geert at telenet.be
Mon Jul 11 12:31:41 EDT 2011

On maandag 11 juli 2011, Derek Atkins wrote:
> Geert Janssens <janssens-geert at telenet.be> writes:
> > On zaterdag 9 juli 2011, SASAKI Suguru wrote:
> >> So, here's the summary:
> >>
> >> - Support EPUB by default
> >>
> >>   - We should go without dbtoepub (and Ruby) itself,
> >>
> >>     and create EPUB with current toolchains.
> >>
> >> - Support MOBI by optional
> >>
> >>   - We will introduce --with-mobi (--without-mobi by default) to
> >>
> >> configure script.
> >>
> >>     This will test Python and Calibre are available, and if not, issue
> >>     an
> >>
> >> error.
> >>
> >> Is this OK?
> >
> > Exactly.
>
> If we can automate it I'm happy to make it part of the nightly docs build.

Once Sasaki completes the makefile rules for epub, automating that will be as
simple as running a make epub as part of the nightly build and copying the
resulting *.epub files to the gnucash webserver, just as we do with the pdf
files.

For mobi, you will have to install python and calibre on the build server.
After that, the story is the same as for epub.

Geert