AUDIT: r20926 - gnucash/trunk/po - Fix french translation error: 'Case Insensitive?' -> 'Ignorer la casse?'

Christian Stimming christian at cstimming.de
Thu Jul 14 02:53:27 EDT 2011

Dear Micha,

thanks for the bugfix in the translation.

However, I'd like to use the opportunity to remind everyone about the
trunk/2.4 handling of translation: It is different. The handling and
back-porting of the translations is the one single exception to the
usual back-porting rules.
http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Translation_Status

For translations, the improvements should happen in the 2.4 branch
because that is what is most user-visible. Changes in trunk can happen
in addition to the 2.4 improvements, but are not at all complete
translations and thus not very important. In other words, different
from the normal coding, in translations the "real work" is done in the
2.4-branch and a subset of those is "forward-ported" to trunk. Kind of
the other way round compared to normal coding.

The po files in trunk are almost unchanged since the branching of
branch-2.4, and they should stay this way until trunk becomes the new
stable branch. Only at that point in time we will copy the existing po
files from branch-2.4 to trunk, merge them with the current trunk pot
template, and fill in the last missing translations.

Your small change here is completely fine in trunk, but the important
step is to have it in the 2.4 branch and its change in trunk isn't
that important.

Regards,

Christian