Error compiling trunk under Natty (libwebkit 1.0)

Micha Lenk micha at lenk.info
Thu Jul 28 02:45:34 EDT 2011

Hi Derek,

Am 27.07.2011 13:48, schrieb Derek Atkins:
> Cristian Marchi<cri79 at libero.it>  writes:
>
>> A search for "web*.pc" in my system lead to these results:
>>
>> /usr/lib/pkgconfig/webkit-1.0.pc
>> /usr/lib/pkgconfig/webkitgtk-3.0.pc
>>
>> That's the best I can do...
>
> Ah, I bet we need to update configure to look for webkitgtk-3.0

Please be aware that (at least on Debian) both libraries are built from
the same source. The one that ships webkit-1.0.pc is built with GTK+ 2,
whereas the one that ships webkitgtk-3.0.pc is built with GTK+ 3. And as
far as I know [1] Gnucash isn't ready for GTK+ 3 yet. So, as long as
Gnucash isn't ready for GTK+ 3, I see no need to look for webkitgtk-3.0
in the configure script.

  1.
http://lists.gnucash.org/pipermail/gnucash-devel/2011-February/031191.html

Regards,