Invoice Importer

Christian Stimming christian at cstimming.de
Sun Jun 12 15:50:00 EDT 2011

Am Sonntag, 12. Juni 2011 schrieb knew two gnucash:
> My end goal - import invoices.   My reason for posting - not getting to
> that end goal.
>
> The search leads to
> http://code.gnucash.org/docs/guide/python-import-invoices.html says:
>
> "Once you have converted the file navigate to Business → Invoice & Bill
> Import to open a new import window. "
>
> Well, that menu option is just not there.
>
> And from config.log:
> "It was created by GnuCash configure 2.4.99, which was
> generated by GNU Autoconf 2.67.  Invocation command line was
>    $ ./configure --enable-python"
> copy was built from svn r20731 built at the start of the month.
>
> Python is compiled in, per the statement:
> "The Python extensions are an optional feature in the source code. To be
> able to use Python scripts, GnuCash must have been compiled with this
> option enabled, otherwise all what follows won’t work."
>
> So - what am I missing to get "Business → Invoice & Bill Import " to work?

Your first step to get this working is to compile with --enable-python, which
you have done. The next step is to ensure that the python module is loaded
correctly at start-up. What do you see on your console when you run

  gnucash --logto=stderr --log=gnc=message

If it says "Traceback [ ... ] ImportError: No module named gnucash"
this means you still have to set up your PYTHON_PATH so that your newly
compiled python module "gnucash" is found by python. Only after that I think
this menu item might appear.

Best Regards,

Christian