Reformat help!

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Mon Jun 13 09:39:51 EDT 2011

On Jun 12, 2011, at 8:48 PM, matt mortis wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Ive been using GnuCash for the last 2-3 years and have been pretty
> satisfied. I reformatted my computer though (Vista, same), so I am wondering
> if there is a way I can go about recovering my data, I did back up all my
> files onto an external drive first. I havent yet tried to simply copy all
> the gnucash folders over - would that work, and which if so which would I
> need to copy over?
>
> Any help would be much appreciated!

That is a user question, and should have been asked on the user's list, gnucash-users at lists.gnucash.org. This list is for the gnucash developers to discuss writing and maintaining gnucash itself.

Since it's an easy question and I'm in a good mood this morning, I'll answer anyway: Yes, just copy over the gnucash folders.
Gnucash won't be able to load your last-opened file automatically, you'll have to use File>Open.

Regards,
John Ralls