Cheque Printing from Search Results Window

John P. New jnew at hazelden.ca
Sat Jun 25 11:55:56 EDT 2011

I'm using GnuCash 2.4.0 in OpenSUSE 11.4

Recently I used the Find Transaction command (Ctrl-F) from a chequing register to find a transaction I had already entered, from which I wanted to print a cheque. I had written a cheque to this payee once before, so two transactions were returned in the Search Results tab. I chose the second transaction from the Search Results tab, chose File > Print Checks, and went through the normal procedure to print. Instead of printing the one transaction I had chosen, GnuCash printed both transactions, on two separate pages.

Printing the chosen transaction as a cheque from the normal chequing register works as expected.

I don't think this makes a difference, but I am using a custom cheque format.

Just to test, I created a new file with the New Account Hierarchy Setup wizard and entered some transactions in the Chequing Account register, used Find Transaction to return a Search results tab, this time with 3 transactions returned. No matter which cheque transaction I chose to print, GnuCash would always print the three transactions shown in the Search Results tab, in the order shown in the tab. Again, printing the chosen transaction from the normal Chequing Account register works as expected.

If someone can confirm this on the most recent version, I can enter a bug report in bugzilla.

John New