Windows Build System

Stephen Brown stephengrantbrown at mcmedia.com.au
Sat Mar 5 06:33:00 EST 2011

Hi Geert
> Another idea that might be worth implementing is bringing some sanity in
> the
> windows build system. I have several thoughts on how it could get more
> attractive but I'll skip that for a future mail. I'm not sure if I would
> want
> to mentor such a project though... (I don't use Windows for my daily
> computer
> use, so I lack a lot of knowledge on that platform).
>
> Geert
I would very much like to hear the thoughts you have on the windows build
system.

Mine are to take all the instructions in
http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Windows#Q:_Is_it_possible_to_compile_GnuCash_on_Windows.3F,
compile it
into a windows executable file, include the other programs mentioned, and
make the whole lot available so that some one can download it, run it, and
have gnucash built on their Microsoft Windows machine with minimal user
input.

Yours Sincerely Stephen Grant Brown