Git repo ready!

Geert Janssens janssens-geert at telenet.be
Wed Mar 9 09:27:27 EST 2011

On woensdag 9 maart 2011, John Ralls wrote:
> Third time is the charm, I guess. The Git code repo is up and ready to be
> cloned. I've rewritten completely http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Git with
> instructions for using it.

Thanks for the setup and documentation. I'll try it out in one of the
following days.

I got confused when reading the section on Branching and Merging. For example:
"Once a branch is created in Subversion, it can be merged exactly once back
into trunk (or its parent subversion branch), but it can be rebased or cherry-
picked as much as you like." (And the rest of that section...)

I don't understand very well from this what I am supposed to do and not to do.
For example, I never heard of rebase for subversion, yet the sentence above
suggests it exists and can/should be used ?

Can you explain this in some more detail for people not deeply into git
management ? I have played with git, but I can't map the above text to what I
understand so far.

Geert