Git repo ready!

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Wed Mar 9 12:18:24 EST 2011

Hi,

Colin Law <clanlaw at googlemail.com> writes:

> On 8 March 2011 23:50, John Ralls <jralls at ceridwen.us> wrote:
>>
>> Third time is the charm, I guess. The Git code repo is up and ready to be cloned. I've rewritten completely http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Git with instructions for using it.
>
> It all seems very complicated.  Are you sure that it would not be
> better to bite the bullet and move over to git as the master and
> consign the svn repository to the archive?

Yes, because we're still in the testing phase of a migration.  I suspect
that eventually this *will* happen, but not today.  A bunch of the
complication is certainly there to keep the work going back and forth,
but also right now we're still just testing the svn->git migration
path.

We also have a lot of tools that would need to get re-tooled for git
(e.g. the build server), and I wouldn't want to make a full migration
until we at least had a plan in place to fix those scripts.