Proposal: Branch 2.4-stable and trunk now

Christian Stimming stimming at tuhh.de
Sat Mar 12 11:46:16 EST 2011

Am Samstag, 12. März 2011 schrieb Geert Janssens:
> > > I propose to branch a 2.4-stable branch now, so that we can introduce
> > > several pending changes on trunk without risking to loose the stable
> > > code state we have in 2.4.3.
>
> Since you proposed the branching and most people agreed, I was more or less
> expecting you to commit the branch.
>
> Is there something you are still waiting for to go ahead, like the git repo
> being in place or something ?

I would like to see a stable 2.4.4 release ASAP for the reasons explained a
few days ago. I was thinking of waiting with a 2.4-stable branch until after
that release is tagged.

Should I just go ahead and tag current r20404 as 2.4.4 so that we have a
release this weekend? Also, I'll then create a branch from that commit once
the release is out.

Regards,

Christian