Work on Python reporting and Scripting engine for GNU cash

Christian Stimming stimming at tuhh.de
Mon Mar 14 06:03:49 EDT 2011

Zitat von Rahul Gaur <rahul.nbg at gmail.com>:
>>> checking for gtk+-2.0 >= 2.10... no
>>>
>>> Package gtk+-2.0 was not found in the pkg-config search path. Perhaps you
>>> should add the directory containing `gtk+-2.0.pc' to the PKG_CONFIG_PATH
>>> environment variable No package 'gtk+-2.0' found
>>>
>>>  configure: error: Library requirements (gtk+-2.0 >= 2.10) not met;
>>> consider adjusting the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable if your
>>> libraries are in a nonstandard prefix so pkg-config can find them.
>
> I'am using svn source now and installed that libdbi0-dev too
> and my gtk+-2.0 pkg is located in usr/lib ,i tried  export
> PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/usr/lib/pkgconfig  ...  am i missing any thing ??

Can you show us the directory content of /usr/lib/pkgconfig ? Usually,
this "No package gtk+-2.0" error is caused by the missing development
package of gtk. Which distribution do you use? For Ubuntu, all of the
required development packages are automatically installed with the
following command:

   sudo aptitude build-dep gnucash
and according to http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Building only the
following should be installed manually in addition:
  sudo aptitude install texinfo libdbi0-dev
libdbd-{sqlite3,pgsql,mysql} guile-1.8 guile-1.8-dev doxygen

Regards,

Christian