Work on Python reporting and Scripting engine for GNU cash

Rahul Gaur rahul.nbg at gmail.com
Sat Mar 19 16:18:00 EDT 2011

On Thu, Mar 17, 2011 at 2:34 AM, Andy Clayton <q3aiml at gmail.com> wrote:

> Rahul,
>
> On Wed, Mar 16, 2011 at 2:27 PM, Rahul Gaur <rahul.nbg at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>  I've been successfully able to run configure with enabling python
>> bindings,
>> but however there have been some glitches when I tried running those
>> scripts
>> as per the instructions given in the comments but the following error
>> shows
>> up :
>>

> [snip]
>

>> Is this just because of lack of any actual account database on my system
>> ??
>> or I am doing something wrong ??
>>

> In both cases the scripts expect arguments. I am sure a patch to make their
> behavior more helpful when the arguments are missing would be welcomed, but
> if you read the comments at the top it should make it reasonably clear what
> they expect.
>
> Andy

Dear Christian,
 I would like to congratulate you and everyone at GnuCash Devel for getting
selected in Gsoc 2011,hoping to work/contribute  with GnuCash-Devleopers
 over the summer.
In your last mail you have stated that a python patch has been received over
the mailing list ,so is the Python reporting and scripting engine project is
still on the cards for Gsoc ?If there are any other alternative projects
based on C and/or  python  please let me know..
Primarily I would like to  work  on non-GUI python coding,  something like
python reporting  engine and,As I have already started to familiarize my
self with GnuCash 2.4.4 and I've been able to run the scripts plus I am
going through the reports written in scheme lang...though it's not of much
help,but I've got a gist of how reports are generated...

Awaiting your reply..