ofx directconnect and HBCI test server (Re: Could I be a Google Summer of Code Mentee for gnucash?)

Christian Stimming stimming at tuhh.de
Mon Mar 21 05:15:50 EDT 2011

Dear John,

just a question of clarification regarding the OFX directconnect
online banking: Is it possible to send the "Transfer Money" job to the
bank using OFX DirectConnect, similar to HBCI? Or does OFX
DirectConnect offer only balance and statement download?

In the former case, Elise could work on online banking integration
using an actual bank account of her own with OFX DirectConnect,
whereas in the latter case, she could work solely with the HBCI test
server which is kind of boring.

(By the way, you could use the HBCI test server yourself for testing
the aqbanking issues on Mac, see
http://svn.gnucash.org/trac/browser/gnucash/trunk/src/import-export/hbci/HACKING-HBCITEST.txt?rev=19936 . If the test account needs to be reset or something similar, do not hesitate to contact the test server maintainer under <hbci4java at kapott.org> as he's very cooperative in helping to set up a test account for
us.)

Regards,

Christian