printf question

Christian Stimming stimming at tuhh.de
Mon Mar 21 05:22:33 EDT 2011

Zitat von Stephen Brown <stephengrantbrown at mcmedia.com.au>:
> run install.sh, open a Microsoft Vista Command prompt, and then
> P:\soft\gnucash\inst\bin>gnucash-launcher.cmd
>
> P:\soft\gnucash\inst\bin>
> Where does the output of the printf statement go?

If the start-up of gnucash still opens a separate console, it should
go there. If we've switched off that separate console, it goes nowhere.

My workaround for similar debugging steps is to use g_warning("Some
number %d", some_number) instead of printf(), i.e. the function
arguments of g_warning are the same as the ones of printf. Once the
logging filename was set up correctly, your g_warning statements will
at least show up there.

Regards,

Christian