Account name change

Donald Allen donaldcallen at gmail.com
Mon Mar 21 10:18:24 EDT 2011

Running 2.4.4 on a Slackware 13.1 64-bit system, I just edited an (expense)
account from the COA and changed its name. I then went to an account
register and tried to change a split to that account using its new name. The
new name was not found/recognized, but the old name was. I saved the (xml)
file and tried again. Same behavior. So I quit and restarted gnucash and now
I was able to use the new account name to change the split. I could be
hallucinating, but I'm almost certain that in prior versions of Gnucash,
account name changes took place globally and immediately. This feels to me
like a bug.

Comments?

/Don