2.4 branch created (Re: Proposal: Branch 2.4-stable and trunk now)

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Mon Mar 21 12:09:55 EDT 2011

Geert Janssens <janssens-geert at telenet.be> writes:

> Yay !
>
> I'm a bit busy right now, but later this week I'll push some of the
> developments I have been working on (guile 1.8, gnome-druid replacement,...).

A couple to-dos:

1) Make the 2.4 branch win32 build scripts build from the 2.4 branch
   instead of trunk.

2) We need to figure out how to build both trunk and 2.4 on the same
   build machine, especially considering that the new guile patches will
   require a newer version of mingw, and that new version wont build
   2.4 anymore.

2a) We need to figure out how to build tag builds, when the tag might
    need either the 'trunk' or '2.4' build system.

2b) We should make this "how do we choose a build system" solution
    future-proof.

I know that Geert has more knowledge of the requirements and will
probably answer more later today.