ofx directconnect and HBCI test server (Re: Could I be a Google Summer of Code Mentee for gnucash?)

Martin Preuss aquamaniac at gmx.de
Mon Mar 21 12:55:19 EDT 2011

Hi,

On Montag 21 März 2011, Christian Stimming wrote:
[...]
> just a question of clarification regarding the OFX directconnect
> online banking: Is it possible to send the "Transfer Money" job to the
> bank using OFX DirectConnect, similar to HBCI? Or does OFX
> DirectConnect offer only balance and statement download?
[...]

Basically, OFX DirectConnect also supports payments, and a few years back
there were plans to add support for this to Libofx...

It is just a question of creating the appropriate request and parsing the
response from the bank.

I would be interested in implementing this in aqofxconnect but I wouldn't have
any way of testing this... And working on OFX DirectConnect isn't much fun to
begin with, since one can never be sure how the banks handle the specs :-/

Regards
Martin

--
"Things are only impossible until they're not"

Martin Preuss - http://www2.aquamaniac.de/
AqBanking - http://www.aqbanking.de/
LibChipcard - http://www.libchipcard.de/