Summer of Code Projects to Work on

Christian Stimming stimming at tuhh.de
Mon Mar 21 15:44:12 EDT 2011

Am Montag, 21. März 2011 schrieb Elise Scher:
> Hi John and others,
>     Both Cutecash and Online Banking Integration in Desktop and Web Browser
> look interesting.
>     I have worked on an ETX electronic funds transfer system before. And I
> know some German.

Dear Elise,

welcome to our project. We are curious to hear your ideas on how to tackle
those project. Unfortunately, the task concerning "online banking and desktop
integration" (which was described by me) can be tested only by users with a
German bank account who has the HBCI online banking protocol available. Only
in HBCI gnucash has the possibility to actually send "real" money online,
which was the point of this task proposal. With U.S. banks, only OFX
DirectConnect exists which supposedly should offer this possiblity as well,
but it isn't implemented in any of the libraries that gnucash uses for OFX
access and subsequently it also isn't implemented in gnucash. Hence, if you
would like to work on this but don't have a German bank account, you can
either use only the HBCI test server (which is kinda boring, as I already
said), or you can implement the online money transfer in all of our OFX
libraries, but that sounds like a little bit too complicated for a GSoC
project for me. Maybe a slightly different task is more suitable in this
timeframe? What else would be of interest to you?

Regards,

Christian