Windows Build system fixes

Geert Janssens janssens-geert at telenet.be
Tue Mar 22 18:09:36 EDT 2011

All,

Thanks for your feedback on th guile 1.8/gcc 4.5.2 issue.

I have looked into it in more detail and it turned out to be relatively easy
to make mingw (and hence gcc) more volatile, just like all the other
dependencies.

I have commited a set of 4 patches:
http://svn.gnucash.org/trac/changeset/20452
http://svn.gnucash.org/trac/changeset/20454
http://svn.gnucash.org/trac/changeset/20455
http://svn.gnucash.org/trac/changeset/20456

The first patch is to make sure that our build scripts always use the mingw
that is set via MINGW_DIR. This allows to have multiple build directories,
each using its own mingw while at the same time only one MSYS installation is
necessary on the system.

Patches 2 and 3 are mainly to fix the automated build setup on our build
server. They are not relevant for people doing manual builds.

The fourth patch contains some small fixes to the previous three.

I would like to backport these four patches to the 2.4 branch also. The reason
is that all separate build directories should be aware of the mingw juggling
or we might hit some subtle errors. Also the patches setup a weekly build of
the 2.4 branch, and the installers are now uploaded to paths on the webserver
that make more sense. But this will only work properly on the 2.4 branch if
it's also patched with the above changes.

I will wait at least until tomorrow before backporting, just to see if
tonight's build doesn't reveal bugs in my changes.

Geert