Back-porting patches; marking the changelog message

Christian Stimming (mobil) stimming at tuhh.de
Wed Mar 23 03:54:33 EDT 2011

My proposal comes from the Trac syntax: Number preceded with # are turned into links to bugreports. Numbers preceded with r *or* enclosed in brackets are turned into links to changesets. So I would like to leave it as [123] and not additionally with a r. Thanks!

Christian

Micha Lenk <micha at lenk.info> schrieb:

Hi Christian, Am 21.03.2011 20:47, schrieb Christian Stimming: > Also, when cherry-picking (back-porting) single patches, I would ask everyone > to add a *prefix* with the original SVN revision number (as long as we're > still on SVN). This revision number should be written in brackets, like so: > > [12345] Bla Bla ... the original commit message ... > > This will clearly say that this commit already exists as r12345 on another > branch, and this commit is only the back-ported version of the original one. I would like to amend this proposal to include the small letter "r" in the SVN revision number tag, like so: [r12345] Bla Bla ... the original commit message ... This would help (at least me) to not confuse the revision number with bug numbers. Regards, Micha_____________________________________________