GSoC2011

André Vitor andre.vmatos at gmail.com
Sun Mar 27 13:56:59 EDT 2011

Hi, people. I'm a undergraduate computer engineering student at Unicamp
(State University of Campinas), Brazil, and I'm very interested in
contribute with this project at Google Summer of Code, this year. I'm a
linux python developer about 4 years, and C/C++ about 2, focusing in
interface development (Qt) and secure programming.

Student Name: André Vitor de Lima Matos
Location: Unicamp, Campinas, São Paulo, Brazil

E-mail: andre.vmatos at gmail.com
IM: skype: andrevmatos
Phone: +55 19 9723 2233

Scholar at Itautec Co., programming in Python+Qt, to Gentoo Linux.
Also, C/C++ academic programming, and security student in brazillian lists
and groups.
In Itautec, worked at development of Librix Linux, specially Librix
ThinClient Management Tool (LTMT), a client/daemon software to help
sysadmins of big thinclients network to manage employees permissions. Also,
worked at Librix Installer, a installer wizard (a bit more then only a
wizard, really) for Gentoo linux, used on Librix (a derivate gentoo
distribution, shipped in desktops, laptops (and now thinclients) developed
and marketed by Itautec, and Librix Updater, a graphical binary package
manager for gentoo (with haven't a good binary packages suppor), to help
users and admins to update and install your gentoo distribution, based on
our binary repository.
I'd be very grateful to be able to helping on "Python reporting and
scripting engine", being that I already have experience in python modules
and plugins architecture, from LTMT. Also, I was thinking in a Qt frontend
to GnuCash for Maemo/MeeGo powered devices (I've a N900). Have you thought
about something like this?
Also, as a long time Qt developer (python and c++), I'd like to help on
Cutecash frontend.

Hoping to be helpful,
Att,
André Vitor L. Matos