[Build error] swig-runtime.h: No such file or directory

Manfred Usselmann usselmann.m at icg-online.de
Mon Mar 28 11:11:15 EDT 2011

Hi Derek,

On Mon, 28 Mar 2011 09:27:07 -0400
Derek Atkins <warlord at MIT.EDU> wrote:

> Rohan Kulkarni <kulkarni.rohan.p at gmail.com> writes:
>
> > Hi Manfred,
> >
> > It worked. Thanks :)
> >
> > Regards,
> > Rohan
> >

> > On Sunday 27 March 2011 03:00 AM, Manfred Usselmann wrote:
> >> Hi Rohan,
> >>
> >> I had the same error yesterday, but thought it was due to me using
> >> git.
> >>
> >> After a 'make dist' the file was there and the build succeeded.
> >>
> >> Maybe it is at least a workaround until this is permanently fixed.
> >>
> >> Regards,
> >> Manfred
>
> You certainly should not have to run "make dist" to get the
> swig-runtime.h built.  That sounds like a bug.

I believe so as well, but couldn't find out what was wrong. Didn't spent
too much time though.

> What's your build environment?  (OS? Distro? version? etc)

Environment is Ubuntu 10.10. I did a clone of the github respository
with git. I tried to build trunk when I got the error message that
swig-runtime.h is missing.

Before I was using subversion. No build issues, but the last creation
of a working copy was sometime last year. At that time I did not have
the issue with the missing swig-runtime.h.

Manfred

--
Manfred Usselmann <usselmann.m at icg-online.de>