Question Regarding Saving Custom Reports

David T. sunfish62 at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 30 16:02:03 EDT 2011

It seems to me that some developer in the recent past changed the underpinnings of the reports system such that they are now identified to the system using a GUID, rather than the human-readable report title.

Given that fact, is it really necessary still to require users to rename a report just to save it? While I understand that it can get confusing to a user if they have multiple "Transaction Report" entries in the custom reports list, it seems to me that this would be a situation the user should have the option of remedying (by learning to rename their reports as they see fit), rather than enforcing it by the program.

Furthermore, since custom reports are no longer placed in the menu tree, it would seem to me that unique report names are even less critical.

David