Another gnucash git question

Geert Janssens janssens-geert at telenet.be
Sat May 7 12:39:20 EDT 2011

On zaterdag 30 april 2011, John Ralls wrote:
> On Apr 30, 2011, at 10:18 AM, Geert Janssens wrote:
> > On zaterdag 30 april 2011, John Ralls wrote:
> >> You want to track refs/remotes/origin/2.4. The other ones are git-svn
> >> artifacts.
> >>
> >> Regards,
> >> John Ralls
> >
> > Ok thanks.
> >
> > I think I'm almost through now. There is one artifact still in my
> > converted repo from how I originally imported the svn repo: I have a
> > branch for each tag in svn.
> >
> > There were no actual tags at first sight, but I ran a
> > git fetch -t origin
> > This imported all tags as true tags.
> >
> > The tag-branches are still in the repo though and I would like to remove
> > them. A git branch -d tags-<tag name>
> > will probably remove them, but I'm concerned that this would also trigger
> > git- svn to propagate the removal to our svn repository. How about this
> > ?
> >
> > When I manage to remove these faulty branches, I can write up my
> > experiences in the wiki in case others want to follow the same route.
>
> Geert,
>
> Yes, the tag branches are probably packed references from your original git
> svn import. You can look in your backup/.git/packed-refs (a text file) to
> make sure.
>
> I don't think that git-svn even knows how to delete branches from the svn
> repo, but you could delete one, then try git svn dcommit -n (dry run) to
> make sure it doesn't try to do something dumb.

I deleted one (removed it directly from the file because a git branch -d
didn't want to work).

git svn dcommit -n gives me a series of warnings all similar to:
W: Refspec glob conflict (ref: refs/remotes/sx-fixes):
expected path: gnucash/branches/sx-fixes
    real path: gnucash/gnucash/branches/sx-fixes
Continuing ahead with gnucash/gnucash/branches/sx-fixes

But each time for different paths.

Removing the line from the packed-refs file does remove the tag-branch from
the branch list though. I have removed all the fake tag-branches in this way
now, but the dcommit warnings don't go away.

What are these about ?

Geert