Another gnucash git question

Geert Janssens janssens-geert at telenet.be
Sun May 8 11:30:54 EDT 2011

On zaterdag 7 mei 2011, John Ralls wrote:
> Geert,
>
> It seems to be saying that git-svn expects to find a ref called
> gnucash/branches/sx-fixes, but it's finding
> gnucash/gnucash/branches/sx-fixes instead. I imagine that this is an
> artifact of your previous git svn init, so it might take a little surgery
> with git update-ref to clean up.
>
> You might start with `grep sx-fixes .git/packed-refs` to see what shows up.
$ grep sx-fixes .git/packed-refs
b72597a36b198fb4f2a33e1c474279f1a4f4e299 refs/remotes/origin/sx-fixes
612b5223a5e830f55c8736c645921db72c04dd0f refs/remotes/origin/sx-fixes at 7914
b72597a36b198fb4f2a33e1c474279f1a4f4e299 refs/remotes/sx-fixes
612b5223a5e830f55c8736c645921db72c04dd0f refs/remotes/sx-fixes at 7914

> You might also look in .git/svn/refs/remotes/svn. In my gnucash-git
> working directory I have only "trunk", but on the server which does the
> mirroring all of the branches are listed directly (e.g.,
> .git/svn/refs/remotes/svn/sx-fixes).
I found all the branches listed under
.git/svn/refs/remotes/
There is no svn directory in there, but there is a git-svn directory, which is
empty.

I tried removing (rm -fr) the branches from the remotes directory, but this
didn't change anything.

I'm starting to feel my attempted approach to convert an existing git-svn repo
into a clean repo that tracks your github repo is a dead end, or at least
requires a disproportionate amount of time and knowledge.

At this point I'm inclined to instead simply clone your repo as described in
the wiki and use git format-patch/git am to copy my local working branches
over.

I do appreciate your guidance so far, but the internals of git are still too
vague for me to really know what I'm doing.

So unless you would like to continue this conversion attempt to determine if
it's feasible, I won't persue this myself.

Thanks for your support so far.

Geert