Backporting

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Wed May 18 20:29:22 EDT 2011

On May 18, 2011, at 11:32 AM, Christian Stimming wrote:

> Am Mittwoch, 18. Mai 2011 schrieb Derek Atkins:
>> John Ralls <jralls at ceridwen.us> writes:
>>> Is there a catch-all bug for 2.4 backporting? If not, should there be,
>>> or shall we just handle our own backports and not worry about it?
>>
>> There is not, but we could certainly create one.
>
> Exactly.
>
> On another note, I don't think we have yet found again a useful workflow for
> back-porting. Marking bugs as dependent on some arbitrary bug number used to
> be a somewhat annoying step in the past for me. On the other hand, the "BP"
> marker in the commit message gets forgotten easily, too. I don't know, too.

Yeah, I know we *can* create one. The question is *should* we create one, or should we use some other method of tracking the backports... or maybe not bother? ISTM the simplest solution is to just double commit (trunk and 2.4) when doing a bug fix.

Is there supposed to be an email for a "BP" commit beyond the [Audit] notation in gnucash-changes?

Regards,
John Ralls