Lost input in quickfill cells due to race

Jim Paris jim at jtan.com
Tue May 24 01:48:09 EDT 2011

Jim Paris wrote:
> Setting the selection can't be done asynchronously like this.
> I'll see if I can come up with a clean fix...

No luck coming up with anything yet.  I can add some hacks, like
storing the selection region separately and having the callers always
do gtk_editable_select_region after gtk_editable_insert_text, but
that's not very clean.  Another option might be to remove the custom
quickfill code and switch to GtkEntryCompletion, but that's very
invasive and involved.  Any suggestions?

-jim