Quartz version of GnuCash and dbus

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Sun May 29 18:02:45 EDT 2011

On May 29, 2011, at 10:32 AM, Mike Alexander wrote:

> --On May 29, 2011 9:55:08 AM -0700 John Ralls <jralls at ceridwen.us> wrote:
>
>> When it came time to do the release, an interesting wrinkle: On PPC
>> only, using launchd for dbus confuses dyld so that it can't find the
>> shared libraries for gconfd. Works fine on Intel, both 10.5 and 10.6.
>
> Interesting.  Was that on a real PPC machine or running under Rosetta? Were you running under 10.5?  What sort of errors did you get?  Did it find the wrong architecture or nothing at all?  Was gconfd built as a fat binary or PPC only?  It seems like it should work.  I've heard nothing on the MacPorts list about this sort of problem and it seems like someone would have said something there.

Yes. an iBook G4 running 10.5.8. (WebKit won't build on 10.4, so 10.5 is the only choice.) I've not been successful in my attempts to cross-compile Gtk because of endianness issues with the pixbuf cache, so I build everything as a single binary on the respective system.

The actual error message is "dyld: Unable to load @executable_path/../Resources/lib/libgconf.2.dylib: Image not found".

You wouldn't encounter the problems in MacPorts because in general one doesn't bundle MacPorts apps.

At some point I'll try building gconfd static to see if that works around the problem.

Regards,
John Ralls