Git Migration: github with svn access

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Wed Nov 9 00:53:00 EST 2011

On Nov 8, 2011, at 5:01 AM, Derek Atkins wrote:

> John Ralls <jralls at ceridwen.us> writes:
>
>> I actually like the interface on git.gnome.org better than github's
>> (or trac's). Less froo-froo, and the history is a lot more readable
>> and searchable. OTOH, I do like the line-by-line comment feature on
>> Github. (I'm not suggesting we should try to move to
>> git.gnome.org. Getting everyone access would be a big PITA. But we
>> could host whatever they're using for a browser on code.gnucash.org.)
>
> I'm happy to install something for us.  I just need to know what to
> install and how to configure it.  :)

Turns out that Gnome is using CGit [1]. They've probably written some css to make it look the way they want and adjusted some of the many options.

In short: Install, easy. Configure, not so much.

Unless someone has a week or two to mess with it (I sure don't), probably better to stay with github.

Regards,
John Ralls