Git Migration: github with svn access

Christian Stimming christian at cstimming.de
Wed Nov 9 14:30:28 EST 2011

Am Mittwoch, 9. November 2011 schrieb John Ralls:
> On Nov 9, 2011, at 8:00 AM, Geert Janssens wrote:

> >> Very interesting. I wasn't aware of this.
> >
> > I tried a simple svn checkout of our gnucash git repo, but wasn't
> > successful: $ svn checkout https://github.com/Gnucash/gnucash.git
> > gnucash-git-svn svn: Server sent unexpected return value (502 Bad
> > Gateway) in response to OPTIONS request for
> > 'https://github.com/Gnucash/gnucash.git'
> >
> > I have no idea why though. Has anyone else managed to successfully
> > checkout the git repo via the svn interface ?
>
> Hmmph. I was able to access one of my "normal" repos, but get the same
> result as you with Gnucash. I added a comment about that to the blog page
> above. We'll see.

Same for me - I was able to "svn checkout" one of my other normal git repos,
but with gnucash I, too, got "502 Bad Gateway". However, it came up with a
"trunk" and "branches" directory, so that I had to append "trunk" to the URL
to get a useful source tree. For gnucash, this didn't change the problem,
though.

Regards,

Christian