More Cruft for deletion

Christian Stimming christian at cstimming.de
Mon Nov 14 02:42:05 EST 2011

Dear John,

thanks for looking up those unused functions. In general, I agree
those should be removed. Have you also checked whether any of those
are called from the Scheme files (with underscores replaces by
dashes)? This should be checked as well.

Looking at the details, there are a few functions that I would
consider useful even though they are unused, such as the equality
predicates:

src/engine/gncEntry.c: gncEntryEqual
src/engine/gncOrder.c: gncOrderEqual
src/engine/gnc-commodity.c: gnc_commodity_table_equal

Those:
src/engine/SX-ttinfo.c: gnc_ttsplitinfo_set_credit_formula_numeric
src/engine/SX-ttinfo.c: gnc_ttsplitinfo_set_debit_formula_numeric
are from me and are needed to fix the still-existing bug about the SX
formula which is locale dependent (meaning if you entered an amount
"1.23" in a locale with decimal point as the decimal separator, it
won't work if you switch to a locale with a comma as the decimal
separator). Those functions are the first of several steps to fix
that. However, to be honest I'm not at all working on this anymore.

The app-utils ones should be checked for usage from Scheme (such as
the gnc_is_euro_currency_code), but if they are unused in *our* Scheme
code, all of them can be removed in trunk.

The gnome-utils ones can be removed. However, the file
src/gnome-utils/gnc-tree-view-owner.c is probably still being worked
on by Geert, but he will speak up for himself shortly I guess.

Regards,

Christian