r21383 - gnucash/trunk/src/business/business-gnome - Add right-click menu item "Assign payment" to assign a transaction as a payment.

Christian Stimming christian at cstimming.de
Sat Oct 8 16:27:15 EDT 2011

Am Samstag, 8. Oktober 2011 schrieb Geert Janssens:
> The payment dialog always proposes a customer, even if I select a
> withdrawal from my checkings account. Should in that case a vendor be
> proposed ? Or perhaps an employee ? Unless of course the customer payment
> is the only use case you intend to support.

It's not the only use case I intended. However, the design of the dialog-
payment.c is rather twisted (yeah, this one too) in terms of choosing among
customer, vendor, or employee. Ideally, I would like to see a payment dialog
window that lets the user choose all three entities. However, this doesn't
seem possible in the current design.

I've changed it so that if you use this feature with a transaction that
increases your asset account, it will assume a payment from a customer,
whereas if the transaction decreased the asset account, it assumes a payment
to a vendor. Currently this doesn't allow employee vouchers to be paid this
way, but well, that would require a better dialog-payment.c.

Regards,

Christian