A new release ?

Geert Janssens janssens-geert at telenet.be
Fri Oct 21 03:21:54 EDT 2011

On vrijdag 21 oktober 2011, John Ralls wrote:
> On Oct 19, 2011, at 5:07 PM, John Ralls wrote:

> >> According to the build logs, the builds start at 2 AM, Derek's local
> >> time. The release build is a clean build and takes quite some time. The
> >> last one (2.4.7) ended at a little bit before 7 AM.
> >>
> >> But as far as I'm concerned we don't need to rush. I don't mind if you
> >> tag the build on Friday and we release on Saturday.
> >>
> >> That would give Cristian a little more time to include the latest
> >> version of the Latvian translation also.
> >>
> >> But perhaps delaying a day is less convenient for you ?
> >
> > Yes, this weekend is the GSoC mentor summit, so I'm pretty much booked
> > for that... but I can tag Friday morning (or Thursday evening if Derek's
> > got the servers back up) and build everything and get it up on SF, then
> > you and Christian can finish up the release at your convenience over the
> > weekend.
>
> The release is tagged and the tarballs are uploading now. I'll start the
> OSX builds as soon as the tarballs are on SF, and upload them in the
> morning, along with the windows distro if a) no one beats me to it and b)
> I can find the darn thing. The OSX dmgs will also go up tomorrow morning
> (yes, afternoon for you europeans). I'll leave it to you all to:
>
> * Make a release announcement.
> * Update the per-OX download pointers on SF.
> * Update the versions on the website. Be sure to change
> "OSX_latest_stable-Foo" to the unmodified version.

Thanks John.

The Windows installer should appear in
http://code.gnucash.org/builds/win32/releases/ if there are no build errors.
You can look for a build log in http://code.gnucash.org/builds/win32/build-
logs/

At the moment I'm writing this, there is no build log yet for the 2.4.8
release, only the nightly trunk build. So I assume the 2.4.8 build is still
running.

I won't have time today to perform the last release details today, but if it's
not done by tomorrow, I'll look into them.

Geert