How to get 2.4.8 tag in git repo ?

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Mon Oct 31 14:43:13 EDT 2011

On Oct 31, 2011, at 5:59 AM, Geert Janssens wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Recently GnuCash 2.4.8 has been released. In svn this means a copy was made to
> the tags directory.
>
> I'm working with git for some time now based on John's excellent wiki
> description.
>
> However, in git I don't see the 2.4.8 tag, while the older ones are there. How
> do I make git recognize the new tag in svn ?

Geert,

Thanks for reminding me about that. I've once again created the tag by hand, though a bit more elegantly this time.

Running git fsck --unreachable in the mirrored repo (the one on my server that bridges git svn to github) turned up the missing tag reference, so I know that it's getting into git. I think the breakdown was in creating the tag, and deleting the branch without checking. Right now that works by creating a tag and deleting the branch, but a safer way would be to just move the reference from refs/heads to refs/tags. I'll try that.

Regards,
John Ralls