Docs build (was: Re: Docs build failure: jp-html)

Derek Atkins derek at ihtfp.com
Mon Sep 5 08:16:18 EDT 2011

Hi,

On Sun, September 4, 2011 3:56 pm, Cristian Marchi wrote:
> Is there a way for me to see if the nightly doc builds work? can you cc
> me the nightly build so that I can check if all went right?

Um, I don't know.  Right now it's run out of cron and the mail-on-failure
comes directly to me.  I'd have to figure out how to email to someone
else.  However there have been no failures for the past few nights.

> Last question: looking in the docs build tree [1] I see that pdf files
> are old. With what frequency the pdf and html files are generated?

Hmm, they should be generated every night.  However it looks like the pdf
does not get rebuilt.  Maybe the dependencies are wrong such that if the
pdf exists it wont rebuild?  Looking at the docs build dir I see:

[root at code trunk]# ls -l guide/C/gnucash-guide.pdf
-rw-r--r--. 1 root root 7701032 Jul  2 03:20 guide/C/gnucash-guide.pdf

Which means that the pdf target has not rebuilt since Jul 2.  However, the
build rule *is*:

make html pdf

I'm going to change that to add epub in a minute.  Note that epub has the
same problem.  Even with "make epub" it will not rebuild over an existing
"gnucash-guide.epub".  At least that's true for everything except jp_JP.
However the pdf rule will not rebuild the pdf if it exists.

> Thanks
> Cristian

-derek

> [1] http://code.gnucash.org/docs/
>
> Il 25/08/2011 18:32, Derek Atkins ha scritto:
>> Thanks.  It works now.
>> -derek
>>
>> PS: I get nightly mail about the cron job failure.  I just haven't
>> looked
>> into it in a while..
>>
>> On Thu, August 25, 2011 12:17 pm, Cristian Marchi wrote:
>>> It should be fixed now. I forgot to add the xml files for chapter 16
>>> and
>>> 17.
>>> Thanks for noticing this problem.
>>>
>>> Cristian

       Derek Atkins                 617-623-3745