GNUCash for commercial bookkeeping

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Fri Sep 9 10:00:48 EDT 2011

On Sep 8, 2011, at 4:36 PM, Alex Wong wrote:

> Hi
>
> I would like to use this software for commercial bookkeeping.
>
> Please advise if there will be infringement of any rights for using this
> accounting software package for commercial purpose?
>
> Your quick response is greatly appreciated.

No, not a bit. You may use it for whatever purpose you like. The only restrictions relate to redistribution of the software itself. Whether you *should* use it, that is whether it's the correct program for your intended use, is left to your professional judgement.

If (when?) you need help with Gnucash, please use the gnucash-users list [1] rather than this one, which is for the developers and testers to coordinate writing the program.

Regards,
John Ralls