GSoC Android proposal

Wm Tarr wm.tarr at gmail.com
Fri Apr 6 11:12:44 EDT 2012

On 2012-04-06 15:49, John Ralls wrote:
> There's no requirement that the contribution be related to the
> student's proposal -- but Ngewi, if you don't know C or Scheme well
> enough to fix a bug, we need to figure out something else that you can
> do. The more folks involved in brainstorming that, the better.

I find this assertion disturbing.  Scheme is odd, C as implemented in
GnuCash is odd.  Are the applicants not allowed to normalise interfaces,
for example?

Remote devices aren't my interest, interfaces I am interested in.

I'm feeling mildly pissed off because some people clearly want to code
and are being put down.  I don't say the monster mods are bullies as
such but I do think ideas should be allowed without reversion to the put
down of "make a patch", etc :(

--
Wm ...