Git Migration: github with svn access

Reuben Cummings reubano at gmail.com
Sat Aug 11 03:55:55 EDT 2012

On Sat, Aug 11, 2012 at 10:49 AM, Frank H. Ellenberger
<frank.h.ellenberger at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Am 11.08.2012 09:17, schrieb reubano:
> :
>> I'm glad you guys have migrated to Git/GitHub. I definitely think this will
>> open up the doors for new contributors (myself included). I know full GitHub
>> integration will take time, but can someone comment on the time-frame for
>> this, i.e. being able to fork the gnucash repo and submit pull requests from
>> within GitHub?
>
> http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Git
> Where is the Problem? ;-)
>
> Frank

Yes, I have read that. Look at the directions for sending a patch and
notice the comment that forking github projects doesn't work. Compare
that to the widespread github work-flow of forking a repo, committing
changes, and then submitting a pull request. The latter is *much* more
user friendly than manually creating patches, logging into bugzilla,
filling a bug, submitting a patch...