Automated win32 build scripts and UPDATE_SOURCES, packaging dir, ...

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Mon Aug 13 09:21:18 EDT 2012

Geert Janssens <janssens-geert at telenet.be> writes:

> So suppose we drop the separate packaging directory requirement, then
> the svn update would in one go update the build scripts and the source
> to build, still automatically at each run. There would be no need
> anymore for an UPDATE_SOURCES in the install.sh script.

Yep.  And I think that's probably okay.

For the build server, though, we probably do want to have the
daily_build.bat be part of the repo, so that it will self-update.  But
as you say, it's rare to change that so it's okay.