First git based automated build

Geert Janssens janssens-geert at telenet.be
Thu Aug 16 05:48:15 EDT 2012

On 15-08-12 15:13, Derek Atkins wrote:
> Geert Janssens <janssens-geert at telenet.be> writes:
>
>> On 13-08-12 15:40, Derek Atkins wrote:
>>> Hi,

>>> For now, yes.  But I think we will need to figure out how to do the tag
>>> builds too.
>> I have made the necessary changes in daily_build.bat to build trunk
>> from git from now on.
>>
>> As for the tag builds, I have a build script ready that uses git
>> (build_tags_git.sh), but haven't tested it yet. I will do that some
>> time later.

The first git based builds for trunk are successfully uploaded to the
code.gnucash.org server. Note that they appear on top of the list,
because they are named gnucash-git-... instead of gnucash-svn-...

Also since git hashes are not sequential as the svn revision numbers
were, the uploaded packages are no longer ordered chronologically. To
fix this it may be a good idea to add the build date in the package
name, so the packages would be called:
gnucash-2.4.99-git-2012-08-16-r9ed978c+-setup.exe

Geert