Automated win32 build scripts and UPDATE_SOURCES, packaging dir, ...

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Thu Aug 16 09:12:05 EDT 2012

Geert Janssens <janssens-geert at telenet.be> writes:

>> The one that matters most, I believe, is the "gnucash.bat".  Luckily
>> that one doesn't update frequently, so I think we can manually update
>> that as necessary.  But yes, I do believe we have hit this issue before.
>
> It's not "gnucash.bat". It's in the scripts that are called by
> "daily_build.bat". Those can be:
> daily_build.sh
> daily_build_git.sh
> weekly_build.sh
> weekly_build_git.sh
> build_tags.sh
> build_tags_git.sh
>
> I have added a comment in each of these files to remind us of this
> Windows restriction. Thanks for bringing it up again.
>
> Geert

We could fix that -- we could change the daily_build.bat to call the git
pull first, which would update the rest, no?  I think the goal would be
to limit exposure to only one file.  It's probably okay to pull even for
the weekly build.