Gnucash for Android beta1 release

Ngewi Fet ngewif at gmail.com
Wed Aug 22 15:56:08 EDT 2012

Hi,

> I think that I have some useful information to add.
>
> First, my phone is a Samsung Rugby smart with Android 2.3.6 OS.

Secondly, it seems that the GMail ap on this phone is only able to take
> attachments from the"Gallery", whatever that is, but it seems to be
> pictures only and does not include the Gnucash folder on the SD card.  This
> probably explains why GnuCash files sent through the Android Gmail ap
> appear to be mal-formed.

Yes, you cannot pick a file from the SD card and attach to an email through
the Gmail app. But applications can do this in the API by adding a stream
extra to the intent.

> Thirdly, If I use the standard Android email ap, everything works fine.
> Thus, I would generally recommend only using the standard Android email ap.
>
> Fourthly, I have not activated nor investigated the myATT ap that my
> provider wants me to use.
>
> Penultimately, Yahoo webmail still seems to be unable to show raw text of
> any message.

Yahoo seems to be the culprit here. Live mail (Hotmail)  and Gmail work
fine for me. However, with yahoo, I can see there is an attachment, but
cannot download it through the web interface.

I think I found a fix though. When I set the mime type to application/xml
instead of multipart/xml, it seems to work jut fine in yahoo web interface.
I guess it would work too in all clients. Just a bit more testing and I
then I'd commit it.
Thanks for bringing up the issue and following up with more information.