r22346 - gnucash/trunk - Update DOCUMENTERS to gnucash-docs/AUTHORS r17603

Frank H. Ellenberger frank.h.ellenberger at gmail.com
Fri Aug 24 13:29:27 EDT 2012

Hoi,

Am 24.08.2012 11:59, schrieb Geert Janssens:
> Frank,
>
> A small detail: if you want to mark a commit for backporting, you should
> use BP (without the brackets) in an empty line. The gnucash server
> checks for that code and adds an AUDIT prefix to the mails sent to the
> gnucash-patches and gnucash-changes lists. If you add brackets, this
> prefix will not be added.
>
> On the other hand, the backported commits used to start with the
> original changeset in square brackets ([22346] for example). That's
> probably what got you confused.
>
> Trac used to be able to link to the original commit using the number in
> square brackets. I'm not sure if this part still works, but I continue
> to mark my commits that way just in case.

OK, I tried to condense our recent correspondence in
http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Subversion#Commit_Conventions. Feel free to
improve it.

> But glad to see you pushing commits again. Welcome back !

I was almost here, but
 setting up a new computer,
 improving the wiki, but mostly fighting spam there,
 finding the right settings and buttons in eclipse, which now gives a
boost in productivity and
 hanging out on IRC - poor Derek was mostly alone there since Josh left
us -
used up my resources.

> Geert

Frank