FYI: Fwd: SourceForge.net weekly featured projects

Christian Stimming christian at cstimming.de
Sun Feb 5 14:07:06 EST 2012

FYI: Sourceforge decided to have gnucash appear as "weekly featured project"
next week.

Christian

Betreff: SourceForge.net weekly featured projects
Datum: Freitag, 3. Februar 2012, 11:46:37
Von: Rich Bowen <rbowen at geek.net>
An: Rich Bowen <rbowen at geek.net>

Hi, Rich Bowen here from SourceForge.

I wanted to let you know that your project will be featured on the front page
of SourceForge.net next week. This is in recognition of it being one of the
top ten projects last week in terms of week-to-week growth of project site
traffic and downloads.

There's nothing particular you need to do, although you may wish to take this
opportunity to review your project summary page and make sure it says what you
want it to say. I wrote something about this on the SourceForge blog earlier
this week - https://sourceforge.net/blog/what-does-it-do/ - when I noticed how
many projects had inscrutable project descriptions. I don't think any of your
projects fall into that category, but it's always worthwhile sharpening your
product marketing.

I know that some of you have more than one project, and since I'm sending this
as a bulk form letter, I'm listing all of the featured projects below, both so
that you know which of your projects I'm referring to, and so that you know
what company you'll be keeping. Please don't hesitate to contact me if you
have any questions, comments, complaints, or there's anything I can do to help
your project be successful.

Rich Bowen
rbowen at geek.net

Mumble: Low-latency, high-quality voice communication for gamers
http://sourceforge.net/projects/mumble

Sweet Home 3D: Design and visualize your future home
http://sourceforge.net/projects/sweethome3d

DC++: This is a project aimed at producing a file sharing client using the ADC
protocol. It also supports connecting to the Direct Connect network.
http://sourceforge.net/projects/dcplusplus

FreeNAS: FreeNAS is an Open Source Storage Platform and supports sharing
across Windows, Apple, and UNIX-like systems. It includes ZFS (high storage
capacities and integrates file systems and volume management into a single
piece of software) http://sourceforge.net/projects/freenas

avidemux: Edit your avi, mpeg and nuv. Process audio and video. Cut.
http://sourceforge.net/projects/avidemux

UltraDefrag: Increase your system performance with this simple to use tool
http://sourceforge.net/projects/ultradefrag

Scribus: Scribus is an open-source program that brings professional page
layout to Linux/Unix, MacOS X, OS/2 and Windows. Scribus supports professional
features, such as CMYK color, spot color, separations, ICC color and robust
commercial grade PDF. http://sourceforge.net/projects/scribus

Gnucash: Personal and small-business finance manager
http://sourceforge.net/projects/gnucash

--
Rich Bowen :: rbowen at geek.net :: @rbowen
     Community Growth Hacker