guile-2.0

RBibrach at t-online.de RBibrach at t-online.de
Fri Feb 10 10:34:00 EST 2012

-----Original Message-----
Date: Fri, 03 Feb 2012 15:40:17 +0100
Subject: Re: guile-2.0
From: "RBibrach at t-online.de" <RBibrach at t-online.de>
To: gnucash-devel at gnucash.org

-----Original Message-----
Date: Fri, 03 Feb 2012 13:36:58 +0100
From: Geert Janssens <janssens-geert at telenet.be>

This is also where I stranded so far on Fedora 16, with test packages
for
Guile 2.0 installed.

My guile knowledge is too limited to understand this well. The gnucash
code
has a definition for the hash-table procedure. But this should only be
triggered for guile 1.8 and older.

Guile 2.0 has its own definition of hash-table. Perhaps these
definitions are
not compatible ? I mean, the gnucash guile code was written for guile
1.6 and
1.8. So perhaps GnuCash interprets hash-table differently in terms of
1.8
while the 2.0 definition may be slightly different ?

>From what I could read in the guile 2.0 manual it doesn't seem like
that.

Geert

according to the manual guile provides two types of hashtables one
"abstract" type and one vectorlike type. May be that mixing both types
was allowed in guile 1.8 but not longer in 2.0

In file html-style-info.scm a vector type table was created. The lines
for the abstract type are outcommented. May be that the hanging
hash-fold should be replaced by a construction similare to kvt-fold.???

Rudolf

In the file html-document.scm line 292 I have replaced hash-fold with
kvt-fold so that this line reads now:
 (if attr (kvt-fold add-attribute  #f attr))
The reports are working now!!
Obviously guile-2 has different sorts of hashtables.

Starting gnucash within the console will result in a new compile process
for the guile files. Besides masses of warnings there are some errors
relating missing "sw_***" files The lines "(load-extension ......)" in
file core-utils.scm, gnc-module.scm and qif-import.scm should be
replaced with (eval-when (compile load eval) (load-extension...)). In
file app-utils.scm it should read (eval-whwn (compile load eval)
(gnc:module-load "gnucash/engine" 0)).
One error in business-reports.scm remains : unbound variable:
gnc:menuname-business-reports which I do not understand??? But as long
gnucash does not use these compiled files it is not very relevant.

RBB