--enable-dbi in configure

Colin Law clanlaw at googlemail.com
Fri Feb 10 10:34:37 EST 2012

On 10 February 2012 14:42, Colin Law <clanlaw at googlemail.com> wrote:
> On 10 February 2012 14:34, John Ralls <jralls at ceridwen.us> wrote:
>>
>> On Feb 10, 2012, at 6:23 AM, Colin Law wrote:
>>
>>> To save me doing a full build to check can someone confirm that it is
>>> no longer necessary to include --enable-dbi in configure to get the
>>> database backends?  I am updating build instructions on the wiki.
>>>

>> Whatever gave you that idea? Of course it's still required.
>
> OK, I am confused then as I did not think that I had included that,
> but I have the db capability.  I assumed this had become the default.
> I will have to build it again to satisfy myself.

Well I have just built 2.4 branch with

./configure --prefix=/path/to/install/to/gnucash
--enable-compile-warnings --with-html-engine=webkit
--disable-error-on-warning

and the database backends appear to be enabled, at least when I do
Save As I get the mysql option and it brings up the mysql database
connection dialog.  I don't have a mysql server available on that
machine so I can't easily test that it actually saves.

Colin