GNUCash Development Plan?

Jeff Kletsky gnucash at allycomm.com
Mon Feb 13 16:18:10 EST 2012

Once again, it is the beginning of the year and I'm fighting with
GNUCash budgeting to the point where I need to find a solution that is
functional for me. I'd like to be able to return the work to the
community, but I don't have a good idea of what is planned for major
functionality changes in GNUCash in coming releases. For example, I
found an email from John Ralls on 2011/09/26 that suggested that there
was some thought of moving off the C-driven queries and allowing things
to be handled by the back end.

Is there a wiki page somewhere that suggests what major changes are
planned for upcoming releases?

Also, at one point, there was a development directive that any changes
had to be backward compatible in that previous versions of GNUCash
*must* be able to read newer versions of the data store without failing.
This seems to have resulted in the use of KVP as a generic extension
method, rather than changing the schema and providing upgrade triggers.
Is that still the case?

Thanks,

Jeff Kletsky