For The Love Of Bitcoin

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Wed Feb 15 11:04:19 EST 2012

Hi,

karmicads <karmicads at bitcoin2pay.com> writes:

> hi derek,
>
> Thanks for the prompt response.
>
> ¨I didn't see any actionable requests in this long diatribe. ¨
>
> Yeah, sorry, my passion for bitcoin, knows no bounds.

Understood, but finding gems in the rough takes time that, frankly, I
don't have.

> ¨What exactly are you asking? ¨
>
> I suppose I´d like to see bitcoin supported as a mainstream currency,
> despite the lack of official ISO recognition. I imagine GnuCash not only

I don't know what our policy is on adding non-ISO currencies to the list
of currencies.

[snip]
> ¨Note that you can always add your own commodity
> to GnuCash, although you need to treat it like a stock or fund instead
> of a "currency"¨
>
> For some reason I find this approach sort of clumsy and unintuitive. I
> wouldn´t rule out that itś just a /ME/ thing though.
>
> ¨but all that means is that GnuCash forces you to always
> explicitly transact with an exchange rate.¨
>
> So, thatś a static exchange rate then is it? Iḿ under the impression that

No.  It means that every transaction has a 'static' exchange rate.  But
every transaction can have its own distinct exchange rate.

[ long diatribe snipped ]