2.6 Release -- SCheme

Ted Creedon tcreedon at easystreet.net
Sun Jan 1 13:51:59 EST 2012

Nothing like progress, installing guile 1.8 doesn't work either
Tedc
On Sunday, January 1, 2012, John Ralls <jralls at ceridwen.fremont.ca.us>
wrote:

> On Jan 1, 2012, at 7:00 AM, Ted Creedon wrote:
>
>> this talk is all well & good but meanwhile GC is inoperable on updated
>> distros using Guile 2.0.
>
> And that is the distro maintainers problem. Go bug them or switch distros.
>

>> I think one should bite the bullet and eliminate swig/guile.
>>

> That isn't in the cards for 2.6, Guile has its tentacles into a lot more
places than the report writer. Until somebody figures out how to get
Guile-2.0 to load extensions from somewhere other than /usr/lib, Guile-2.0
support isn't going to happen either.