Invoice Importer

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Tue Jan 3 15:20:15 EST 2012

On Jan 3, 2012, at 12:03 AM, reubano wrote:

> Christian Stimming-4 wrote
>>
>> Am Sonntag, 12. Juni 2011 schrieb knew two gnucash:
>>
>>> Python is compiled in, per the statement:
>>> "The Python extensions are an optional feature in the source code. To be
>>> able to use Python scripts, GnuCash must have been compiled with this
>>> option enabled, otherwise all what follows won’t work."
>>>
>>> So - what am I missing to get "Business → Invoice & Bill Import " to
>>> work?
>>
>> Your first step to get this working is to compile with --enable-python,
>> which
>> you have done. The next step is to ensure that the python module is loaded
>> correctly at start-up. What do you see on your console when you run
>>
>>  gnucash --logto=stderr --log=gnc=message
>>

> How would I do this on Mac OSX 10.7 Lion? I installed the binary but don't
> have the proper menu option. The wiki instructions for building gnucash on
> mac only mention testing up to Leopard. And I haven't seen any instructions
> on enabling python using macports either.

No, the wiki instructions say that the *minimum* version it will work on is Leopard. The procedure has been tested on Lion. Do note, though, that the resulting binary won't work on any version of OSX earlier than the SDK that you use. Note second that the bundle file isn't set up for Python, so you'll need to modify it. You'll want to include Python in your module list as well, so that you have an in-tree build to work with.

Regards,
John Ralls